The Township Manager is the chief executive and administrative officer of the municipality. The Manager sees that all ordinances, resolutions and policies of the Council and all state laws subject to enforcement by municipal action are faithfully enforced and executed.
The Township Manager is required to:
- Direct and supervise the administration of all departments of the municipal government and be responsible for the maintenance of sound personnel policies and administrative practices.
- Approve all bills and vouchers for payment subject to preaudit and control as provided herein.
- Maintain a continuing review and analysis of budget operations, work programs, and costs of municipal services.
- Establish working, personnel, vacation and sick leave schedules and appropriate records and reports.
- Approve or prescribe the internal organization of each department.
- Assign and transfer administrative functions, powers and duties among and within departments, subject to the Charter and Administrative Code.
- Delegate to department heads such powers as the Manager may deem necessary for efficient administration.