The Township Clerk is the Secretary to Township Council, and the Township Election Official.
Secretary of the Municipal Corporation:
The Clerk is the custodian of the Township Seal, and The Township Clerk is the official custodian of all the Township's official records.
Secretary to the Governing Body:
The Clerk attends all official meetings the Township Council holds and is responsible for the keeping of the minutes, and maintains the official record of each proceeding meeting.
All ordinances and resolutions are kept by the Township Clerk and are available to the public.
Chief Administrative Officer of all Elections:
The Township Clerk oversees Municipal, School, Primary and General Elections.
Chief Registrar of Voters:
This office registers voters, issues absentee ballot applications, and assist with concerns relating to voter registration.
The Township Clerks Office also provides the following services:
- 200 ft. list;
- Boards and Commissions list and Citizen Leadership application;
- Dog Licenses;
- Mercantile Licenses;
- Food Handling Permits;
- Taxi Cab Licenses;
- Taxi Cab Driver Licenses;
- Towing Permit, Solicitor's Permit, Peddler's Permit; Social Affair Permit, Catering Permit;
- Bingo Application, and Raffle Application; contingent upon approval by Township Council and The Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission; and
- Liquor Licenses contingent upon approval by Township Council and The Division of Alcohol Beverage Control.
- List of Expiration Dates
Prior to appointment a Municipal Clerk must complete and pass the following pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133 et al., Chapter 174, P.L. 1985,The Municipal Clerks Certification by the State of New Jersey as Registered Municipal Clerk:
Township Clerk Announcements